Joseph has more than 20 years of experience in the accounting, tax and financial services business, including working for fortune 500 companies in and around Washington DC providing reporting and analysis services. Joseph earned his degrees in Accountancy at Brigham Young University and Law at Pepperdine School of Law. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and licensed Investment Advisor Representative.
Joseph began his career as an accountant and later, together with his Isler partners, founded Isler Wealth Management, LLC, a fee-only registered investment firm, so he could devote his attention to a more comprehensive approach to assisting his clients in making smart decisions with their money. He is an Oregon native and a graduate of Thurston Elementary, Thurston Middle, and Thurston High School. He is raising his family with his wife, Leslie (from Alaska) in Creswell.
His investment philosophy is derived from his studies of Modern Portfolio Theory, focusing on building individual client portfolios that maximize profits per unit of investment risk. By utilizing asset class mutual funds, Isler Wealth Management is able to implement primarily passive investment strategies. Joseph’s goal is to develop a focused long-term investment strategy for his clients that enable them to maintain and protect their wealth and ultimately reach their financial and personal goals.
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting from Brigham Young University.
- Juris Doctorate of Law from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2010, where he emphasized in tax law and estate planning.
- Spanish fluency
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Society of CPAs
- Lane County Bar Association
- Eugene Chamber of Commerce
- Eugene-Springfield Tax Association
- Eugene Estate Planning Council.
- Creswell Beautification Project Founder
- Eugene Delta Rotary serving on both the Owen Rose Garden maintenance and Invocation committee
- BYU Marriott School Alumni Association Eugene chapter President
- 20 under 40 Eugene-Springfield’s rising stars: 2016
- Board of Directors of Academy of Character Education